Address Tooth Loss with Dental Implants
About Dental Implants
Dental implants are widely considered to be the best way to replace missing teeth. Surgically embedded in the gums, dental implants fuse with underlying bone tissue and become a permanent part of your smile. Substituting missing tooth roots, implant posts stimulate the jawbone to promote bone regrowth, preserving your natural facial contours and jawbone structure. In addition, these sturdy, titanium posts provide a stable anchor to support specially-designed restorations such as crowns, bridges, and dentures.
Compared to traditional, removable prosthetics, dental implants offer unrivaled benefits, including:
- Dietary Freedom: With implant-supported restorations, you can enjoy all of your favorite foods without restriction, including fresh fruit, steak, and corn on the cob. In addition, dental implants eliminate any concerns about your prosthetic slipping out of place or falling out when you eat or speak.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants provide stimulation that works to prevent bone deterioration, protecting underlying jawbone structure and helping keep remaining teeth healthy.
- Aesthetic Enhancement: Implant-supported bridges and dentures provide age-defying aesthetic enhancement, filling out the contours of lips and cheeks. Bal Harbour Smiles provides beautiful natural-looking restorations that can improve your appearance and confidence.
- Hygiene and Convenience: Rather than having to remove an appliance for cleaning, you can brush and floss your implant-retained teeth normally. You can also say goodbye to messy adhesives and food particles collecting in an ill-fitting appliance.
- Longevity: Removable appliances often need regular fit adjustments and replacement. Your implants will be permanent, and, with the proper care, your implant restorations can last for decades.
Implant-supported teeth will function similarly to natural teeth, providing you with a realistic look and feel.
The Implants Process
During your consultation, Dr. Benmurgui can assess your candidacy for implants treatment. He can conduct a thorough exam and discuss your medical history and goals. Using our 3-D computed tomography (CT) scanner, he can then check your jawbone density to ensure you have sufficient bone tissue to support implant posts. He can also review the cost of implants and our financing options.
Dental implants provide stimulation that works to prevent bone deterioration, protecting underlying jawbone structure and helping keep remaining teeth healthy.
Patients who have lost a significant amount of jawbone tissue may require a pre-implant bone graft or sinus lift procedure. For convenience, Dr. Benmurgui performs these surgeries when necessary, and can offer an alternative All-on-4® technique for some patients. All outpatient implant procedures take place in our fully-equipped dental office. Our practice offers intravenous (IV) sedation and other sedation dentistry options to ensure your complete comfort during surgery.
After placement of traditional dental implants, there is a four to six month healing period known as osseointegration, before you can receive your final prosthetic. During this time, your implant posts can fuse with your jawbone to create a strong base for your restoration. We can provide you with a temporary removable appliance to wear in the interim. All-on-4® patients can receive same-day temporary restorations, to be replaced with your final custom denture after recovery.When you trust your restorative care to our team, you can feel confident that your implant-supported restorations will be as beautiful as they are functional. We provide high quality porcelain prosthetics as well as advanced, premium zirconia restorations.
Protect Your Oral Health
If you are struggling with tooth loss, dental implants can help you to chew, smile, and speak with confidence. In addition, our staff is happy to help coordinate financing through Carecredit® and other flexible options. To schedule an implants appointment, please contact our office online or call (305) 865-0453.